Hardware and computing resources
The Language Center provides access to laptops and tablets for use within the Center. The loan period is three hours, and may be renewed up to close of business. Laptops and tablets do not circulate outside the Center, except by special permission from LC staff. Students must present their Harvard ID in order to check out equipment.
The Language Center also holds special equipment that may be checked out for class purposes. These items include HD video cameras, digital audio recorders, microphone headsets, and headsets with no microphone. Don't see what you're looking for? Please inquire at the front desk.
The applications below are loaded on Language Center computers.
Adobe Creative Cloud
The Language Center computers come equipped with Adobe's full Creative Cloud giving you access to create content with the latest design software including:
- Bridge: Centralize your creative assets
- Illustrator: Vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign: Page design and layout for print and digital publishing
- Photoshop: Image editing and compositing
Saving your work
- All Language Center laptops are public computers. Files saved to the local hard drive will be automatically deleted. Please save your work to cloud storage, such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive, or e-mail the file to yourself.